Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Grocery list

Goose is not doing the wellness diet with me, but he is wanting to follow his Blood Type's list of foods.  Since we are two different blood types, I thought well this will SUCK for us eating...do I make him one meal while I eat another?  I then laughed and said, "don't be silly, you won't make TWO dinners at night...PSH!"  So I thought the best thing to do was to write down every single "allowed" and "neutral" food (which is still allowed, it just won't hurt you nor will it benefit you) on both our lists.  I then cross referenced them to see what foods we would have in common.  Turns out, more than I thought.

I thought, wouldn't it be nice if I could shop for us off of what we DO have in common instead?  Well yes, but that's a lot of memorization, and I don't do well on test day.  I'd get to the grocery store and forget everything I memorized!


*idea bulb*




What if I wrote out a permanent grocery list of the foods we share?  Great plan, but I always leave my written out list on the kitchen counter when I go.  What if I had it printed off, and laminated or a clear sleeve so it's preserved?  YES! Keep going!  What if I could mark on it with my dry erase markers what I know I need and then when I'm at the store I don't stray! BRILL!  Wait. What if I forget it though?  Oh, hang it up on your key rack.  You can't forget it then.  Sub conscience, you are SO SMART.

So I used my handy dandy spreadsheet, listed everything by category, and wrote down our common foods, even the ones we don't like or even know.  I even went so far as to bold the foods that were on BOTH our "allowed" list.  That way, I know when I am shopping I can think, "Hey girl, kale is great for both of you, grab some anyway.  OOOH, there's the broccoli! Get that too!  Hey ginger, come home with me, you'll like it!"  (that was not my suave attempt to bring home a red-head)

On the back of it I listed the separate foods that he can have and I can't, and vice-versa.   For instance, I should be having red meat and he doesn't digest it well so he shouldn't have it at all.  He can have grains if he so wanted, but I should never have them.   Of course the red meat poses a problem because Goose is a mans man, and enjoys steaks and and deer and so on.  Our compromise, is that I will eat that when he's at work so he's not sad about it.  We both thrive on seafood.  This is an adjustment for me who has been burnt out on seafood for a while.  I'll deal with it...I have found I LOVE smoked fish, and well Goose is a grill master, and he has perfected the art of smoking meats.  So either way we all win.

I know this will make my life easier, as well as shopping AND sharing with people who just don't quite understand this change.  No it doesn't mean that I am going to be living off of buffalo, kale, sweet potatoes, and pineapples all my life.  It means that this is what I have to choose from and my choices are really vast compared to SOME diets.  I'm lookin' at you HCG.  I have the ability to make lots of yummy recipes and never get bored of what is on my list.  Yes, I'm going to miss cheese and oranges and pig most of all.  However, even knowing since October what was in store for me, I started eliminating those items and I noticed when I brought them in the change I felt in my body.  I KNOW this is the path I am supposed to take for my wellness.

Here's our list:

MeatsSeafoodDairyOils/Fats
chickencarpcuspegg (chick/duck)black currant seed
cornish hencoddrumfarmer cheeseflax seed
grousemonkfishhalfmoongheeEVOO
guinea henperchmahi mahifetawalnut
ostrichsea bassmulletmozzarellaborge seed
squabpickerelpikegoat cheeseevening primrose
turkeychubporgyalmond milksafflower
red snappersailfishsesame
salmonscrodsoy
sardinesharkcocoa butter
snailsturgeon
Beans/Legumes: eat sparingly
troutsucker
whitefishsunfishadzukimung
whitingswordfishblack eyed peasnorthern
tilapiatroutblack peas
tunaweakfishcannelliniwhite
yellowtailbassjimacatempah
miso
Nuts and SeedsVegetables
flax artichokebeet greenspumpkinrappini
pumpkin seedbroccoli (ni) carrotspinachswiss chard
walnutcelerychickoryturniparugula
almond (AB)collarddandelionasparagusbamboo
butternutescarolefennelbok choybrussels sprout
hazelnutgarlicgingercarawayceleriac
hickoryhorseradishkalechervilcilantro
macadamiakohlrabilettuce (all)corianderfid. fern
pecanabalone mushenoki mushkelplettuce
pinemaitake mushoyster mushscallionshallot
sesame portobello mushstraw mushseaweedsquash
tahinitree mushgreen olivewater chestnutwatercress
radishrutabagazucchini
daikonendive
okra onion
parsleyparsnip
FruitsJuicesCondiments
apricotblackberrypomegranatealoemustard
blueberryboysenberryprickly pearapricotsoy sauce
cherrycranberryquinceblack cherryapple butter
grapefruitfigraisincarrotjams/jellies (list)
lemonlimeraspberrycranberrysalad dressing
pineappleplumsago palmpineappleACV
pruneapplestarfruitgrapefruit
apricotbreadfruitstrawberrylemon
currantdatewatermelonlime
gooseberryelderberryyoungberryprune
grapesguavamelonsspinach
kiwikumquatapple
loganberrymulberryapple cider
peachnectarinegrape
pearpersimmonguava
nectarine
pear
vegetable (from list)
Spices/Sugar/SeasoningMisc Beverages
molassesbaycurrysaffrongreen tea
garlicbergamotdillsage red wine
gingerbrown rice syrupdulsesalt
horseradishcarawaygarlicsavory
mustardcardamomhoneyspearmint
parsleycarobkelpbrown/white sugar
tamari (or braggs)chervillecithintapioca
turmericchivemarjoramtarragon
agarchocolatenutmegthyme
allspicecinnamonmustardvanilla
almond extractcloveoreganoyeast
anisecorianderpaprikacayenne
arrowrootcream of tartarpeppermintstevia
basilcuminrosemarymiso
BriLucas
beefchili powdermackerelcucumber
buffalogelatinpollacktaro
heartclub sodagoat milkasian pear
lambseltzer waterpaneercantaloupe
liverricottablackberry juice
veal s. creamcoffee
venisonyogurtwhite wine
scallopavocado
garbanzo/hummussunflower butter/oil
sweet potatobeechnut
tomatochestnut
bananaalfalfa
mangoleek

No comments:

Post a Comment