Monday, April 23, 2012

Do you have one? You should.


Do you know what  this is? A lifesaver that's what.  I got this pressure cooker for my birthday last year.  Normally I don't ask for appliances for holidays...well okay I didn't ask for this one either.  I had no idea about them!  It came in the mail from my dad, and at first I was like "Whaa? How do I use this?"  Then I tried it.  *angelic voices from above*

This thing does it all.  It's a pressure cooker, which is awesome for when I forget to set out frozen chicken to thaw. Which is all the time.  I throw the chicken in there, with whatever seasonings I feel like it for the day.  I set the pressure and leave the room and it does the rest.  It's also a browner, for days you feel like blackened chicken like me.  Just switch that puppy from the pressure cooking setting to brown and watch it do its magic.  It cooks rice (and some hamburger helper type box meals) to perfection without the hassle of standing over the stove and stirring.

 It's a canner and thanks to that, I learned how easy canning foods was and now I can't wait for the billions of tomatoes to produce this year so I can can them!  I used the stew method after I cooked chicken and shredded it to make some yummy buffalo chicken.  It's a crock pot too but to be honest, I have only used it for soups. It cooks multiple items in the same pot for a whole meal.  With that steamer basket you can cook your veggies, and set the wire rack on top of that and cook fish. BAM.  

The best part about it is how easy it is to use and clean.  Pull the pot out, give it a good once over and it's back to sparkly clean and put it back in for later. I swear I use it almost every single day.  It is amazing to have with the tiny humans' meals and in the summertime, when you don't want to bake or use the stove it comes in very very handy.

I am so glad to have this thing, and pretty happy my dad can get away with getting me appliances for special days.  This has made cooking, which we all know is mostly annoying unless you are a chef, fairly easy.  I love easy.

Here's where you can get one too! It's worth the time I say!  Mine's in red to match my kitchen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment